Lazy load images, YouTube and Vimeo videos, and iframes using Lazy Load XT.
Lazy Load XT is the fastest, lightest, fully customizable lazy load plugin in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
This plugin works by loading the Lazy Load XT script and replacing the
src attributes with
data-src when the content of a post or page is loaded on the front end of a WordPress site.
- Install and activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Download and unzip Lazy Load XT.
- Upload the
lazy-load-xtfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Why aren’t my images lazy loading?
Lazy Load XT filters images added to the page using
get_avatar. If your images are added using another function (
wp_get_attachment_imagefor example), Lazy Load XT does not filter them. However, as of v0.4, you can filter the HTML yourself by passing it to
For example, if a theme has:
Changing it to the following would lazy load the image:
echo get_lazyloadxt_html( wp_get_attachment_image($id) );
But its (real) mobile browser is very slow loading youtube video.
desktop responsive browser mode, there is no slowdown.
We’ve been trying all the available plugins and this performed best together with Rocket Lazy Load. It brings down significantly the page loading time and doesn’t break the design. Just a bit too lazy on mobile.
Instant improvement on pingdom.com
I’d just about given up on Lazy Load scripts – those that needed ‘no configuration’ all conflicted with other stuff, or didn’t work properly, and the script wouldn’t even load in some cases.
Thank you to Lazy Load XT for proving that lazy loading IS possible!
I tryed others and htis is the best of the wp lazy loads, probably also outside WP 🙂
This plugin made my site obviously laggy, and increased my load times by 2 seconds
Contributors & Developers
“Lazy Load XT” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix multisite activation error
- Actually fixed the error for older versions of PHP
- Fixed error for older versions of PHP
- Fixed incorrect script being loaded for background images
- Implemented srcset attribute for WP 4.4
- Tweaked regex for iframes
- Fixed operators on settings class
get_lazyloadxt_html()to let users pass HTML to be filtered
- Disabled filtering HTML for RSS Feeds
- Added support for content loaded via AJAX
- Error when using checked() and undefined index
- Fix typos and undefined indexes
- Parse HTML with regex instead of PHP’s DOMDocument
- Fix UTF-8 problems
- Enable script-based tagging
- Lazy load gravatars
- Enable loading scripts from CDN and in footer
- Lazy load HTML5 elements
- Toggle and lazy load featured images, text widgets
- Specify css classes to skip lazy loading
- Improve settings, installation and upgrade
- Fallback to 1×1 pixel transparent gif
- HTML validation
- Load Lazy Load XT js using